the advantages of computers the disadvantages of computers
1. COMPUTERS LET YOU ACCESS A LOT OF INFORMATION 2. COMPUTERS CAN DO SOME JOB VERY QUICKLY, FOR EXAMPLE SENDING OUT LARGE NUMBERS OF LETTERS OR BILLS.
3. Computers let you communicate very quickly, by e-mail or using the Internet.
4. COMPUTERS MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO WORK FROM HOME 5. WORD PROCESSORS MAKE IT EASIER TO WRITE LETTERS AND REPORTS, AND TO DO WORK FOR SCHOOL OR COLLEGE
6. Children enjoy using computers, and multimedia, interactive software and virtual reality all make learning more exciting. Many books are now available on CD-ROM.
7. Large amounts of information can be stored on computers in a datebase.
1. Many people do not like using computers, and would prefer to deal with a person instead.
2. COMPUTERS CAN GET VIRUSES. 3. SOME CHILDREN SPEND TOO MUCH TIME PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES, WHICH CAN BE VERY VIOLENT.
4. SOFTWARE OFTEN HAS BUGS, AND SOMETIMES COMPUTERS CRASH.
55. Anyone can put information or images on the Internet, so it can easily be used by criminals to communicate with each other, or to send pornography (pictures, film). There are no laws to stop this yet, and it is extremely difficult to police the Internet.
6. If a computer is not working properly, most people do not know how to fix it , and this can be very annoying.
7. Computers quickly become obsolete, so they soon need to be replaced.